I really had fun with this one. I wanted to make something simple, quick and easy to make, and something everyone would choose. I had my family try it, and their wow reactions really made me smile, so I knew I had to share it with all of you. Give it a try, leave a comment below, and share it with your friends 🙂 Thank you!
- 2 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tomatoes
- Olive Oil (to cook with)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to dress with)
- 1 medium Jalapeno
- 2-3 tbsp. chopped Basil
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- Ground Flax Seed (optional)
- Quarter and slice onions
- Finely dice garlic cloves
- Chop tomatoes into 1-inch chunks
- Slice jalapeno
- Roughly chop basil
- Put a well-salted pot of water on to boil
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil, until based of pan is oiled.
- Heat oil to medium heat, and add sliced onions.
- After onions begin to become translucent, add garlic.
- Add dry linguini to boiling saltwater pot. Stir occasionally while cooking up the sauce.
- After onions and garlic reach a golden brown, add tomatoes and jalapeno.
- Cook until tomatoes break apart (crush them in pan to help them along).
- Add jalapeno and basil to sauce.
- Add salt, pepper, and flax seed to taste and personal preference.
- Stir sauce occasionally, then add evaporated milk, and allow to cook for 5 -7 more minutes.
- Continue stirring until pasta is ready (al dente). Then, add pasta from the pot into the saucepan using tongs, allowing some of the pasta water to get into the sauce.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce until the sauce is distributed evenly.
- Plate, and dress with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with a few small leaves of basil.