Lately, I’ve been wanting to take some major steps to make some major changes in my health and lifestyle. I’m determined to make healthy living my reality, and one of the biggest components comes from the food I choose to eat. It’s far, far, far too easy to fall into this comfort level of eating the things that are most easily accessible to us. But, let’s leave that to a separate article, because it’s a big topic! In the meantime, check out this egg recipe for a healthy and hearty meal! Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! What are some of your favourite things to add to eggs? Have you ever tried these ingredients?
- 1/2 medium Tomato (deseeded and diced)
- 1 medium Jalapeño (diced; deseed to decrease the heat)
- 4-6 White Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp Cream (milk for a healthier option)
- 1 whole Egg
- 3 tbsp Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Unsalted Butter
- In a mixing bowl, beat in the contents of whole egg, the egg whites, and the cream/milk.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeno, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt/pepper to the egg mix.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and butter, moving pan in hand to cover the cooking surface of the pan.
- Add mushrooms and spread around pan to cook evenly.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the egg mix.
- Keep mixing the eggs in the pan, until the eggs cook through.
- Serve and enjoy!